The Greyhound on the Test
Refurbished and remodelled in 2013, the Greyhound on the Test backs on to the River Test in Stockbridge and the smart riverside garden is one of only a handful to be found along its length. Former Hotel du Vin chef and much loved and respected local pub operator Lucy Townsend took on this 15th-century building in Stockbridge, England’s fly-fishing capital, and set about transforming it into a civilised country inn. With passion and panache, Lucy revamped the heavily beamed interiors and introduced a warm, sophisticated feel to the intimate and informal parlour. Equally inviting is the big beamed, open-plan dining room next door, all wooden floors, bold artwork and simple tables topped with quality cutlery and glassware. There are seven stylish bedrooms upstairs and three gorgeous high-spec Leet rooms, in the adjoining cottage.
A two-night bed & breakfast stay for two in one room at The Greyhound on the Test, including 3 course dinner on one night and an Inn Places Guide Book. The prize must be taken between 01/07/2018 and 31/01/2019 and is available Sunday – Thursday nights only. The prize is subject to availability and excludes all English Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year. The prize does not include alcohol or transport to and from the venue.
Four runners up will win a copy of the new edition of Inn Places: Discover the best Inns of England and Wales handpicked by David Hancock.
Terms & Conditions:
- This competition is only open to eligible participants (“Eligible Participants“, or in the singular, an “Eligible Participant”). An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 years or over, lives in the UK and is not an employee of Inn Places or Archant Ltd. Inn Places reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this competition, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms and Conditions“).
- To be counted as an Eligible Participant, an entrant to the prize draw must submit their email address via the on-line form by 23:59 GMT 31st May 2018. This will automatically submit entry to the draw. No entries outside the Competition Period will be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
- One entry per Eligible Participant is allowed.
- The following prizes are available: A two-night bed & breakfast stay for two in one room at The Greyhound on the Test including 3 course dinner on one night and an Inn Places Guide Book. The prize must be taken between 01/07/2018 and 31/01/2019 and is available Sunday – Thursday nights. The prize is subject to availability and excludes all English Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year. The prize does not include alcohol or transport to and from the venue. A further four runners up will win a copy of the new edition of Inn Places: Discover the best Inns of England and Wales handpicked by David Hancock.
- At the completion of the Competition Period a winner and 4 runners up from those Eligible Participants will be selected at random.
- Once the prize winners have been chosen, they will be contacted via email. The winners will then have 7 days by which to confirm their acceptance of the prize (“Claim Period“) via email. If the winners do not claim the prize within the Claim Period, or a prize is declined by the winner, a supplementary winner may be drawn from the remaining Eligible Participants’ entries at Inn Places discretion and this winner will be sent the relevant notification. In the event that Inn Places cannot locate any potential winners, the prizes may go unawarded.
- Inn Places accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from the Eligible Participant’s error, computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes.
- Inn Places does not accept any responsibility in the event that any prize winner is unable to claim their Prize within the Claim Period.
- All Prizes are non-changeable, non-transferable and have no cash value
- No cash or credit alternatives are offered for any Prize.
- Inn Places is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the competition.
- Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition.
- Inn Places’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Inn Places reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any Prize issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond Inn Places control.
- Inn Places reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or terminate any Prize won by any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or, in Inn Places’ sole discretion, in an inappropriate, offensive or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Inn Places reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to every Eligible Participant entering the competition with no exceptions.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.